POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: "Interactive" Water Surfaces : WIP: "Interactive" Water Surfaces Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  WIP: "Interactive" Water Surfaces
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 18 Mar 2003 18:59:41
Message: <3e77b2ed@news.povray.org>
So, here's just a single frame from one of my two test-animations
for my current WIP. The single was taken from Water_HighAmp,
which just "drops" one high bulge onto the surface and calculates
the effect.
The second animation, Water_Angled, was just an initial test to see
if setting the surface via 3 points worked properly. The surface is
spanned from point 1 to 2, and then from 2 to 3. Thus, I can derive all
information I need from those points. An additional fourth point is required
for the system to know which side of the surface is "up".

Here are the links to the animations:

http://www.digitaltwilight.de/no_lights/mpeg/water_angled.mpg
(This one is 344kb, MPG1)

http://www.digitaltwilight.de/no_lights/mpeg/water_highamp.mpg
(And this one is 438kb, MPG1)

Both may be viewed looping, and I think nice to look out. I'll now move
on to creating objects interact with the surface and creating user-defined
boundaries for the waves (like walls).

I had thought about posting these to povray.binaries.animations, but since
I've just recently posted some stuff there, I'd thought it might be better
just hand some links for the animations. Especially since there is not
really
THAT much to be seen, some might not want to download them via the
newsgroups.

Enjoy!

--
Tim Nikias v2.0